What is a scribe, and where do I get one?

A scribe is a giant compass that draws circles on the ice. You can use one to draw your circles before skating your figures or to check your work after you’ve done them. They’re no longer common in stores, but they are still available.

Scott Irvine makes and sells custom scribes.

Figure 8 Boutique has some. Search for “scribe.”

You can also try eBay.

Once you’ve got a scribe, check out this post to calculate what setting you should use. It is also possible to live without one.

For general information on equipment, see the base post.

This entry was posted in FAQ, Scribes and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to What is a scribe, and where do I get one?

  1. Pingback: How to draw circles for roller figures | Skating Figures in the Twenty-First Century

Comments are closed.